- Consultant (since 02/2020, and 2012-2017): World Bank:
- Currently I work on forced displacement, especially urban forced displacement (UFD), contributing to reports/papers introducing the topic, measuring the extend of the problem, and providing policy input.
- Previously I co-authored or contributed to 6 peer-reviewed papers / published World Bank Working Papers / background papers, and to reports, e.g. the human capital section in post-2010 earthquake poverty report on Haiti. I also evaluated technical proposals of contracting survey firms for new projects, contributed to portfolio analyses, drafted (survey) reports and technical appendices, reviewed other reports, administered, monitored, and analyzed survey and census data, and conceptualized and reviewed questionnaires and code for CAPI. I focussed on the topics of returns to education, idle youth, financial inclusion, financial capability, and health financing.
- Field Coordinator / Researcher (2017): United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF): I went on field mission during time of crisis in Burundi, to prepare a randomized controlled trial (RCT) endline surveys for rural areas, focussed on implementing the only energy project evaluation for UNICEF Burundi in 2017. I supervised a team of 27 local contractors, represented a team of 6 (senior) researchers on the ground, undertook project accounting, collaborated with UNICEF Burundi Innovation Lab and Child Protection Unit, taught survey methods, and developed the household questionnaire and village-based savings group questionnaires on sensitive topics. Following the fieldwork I co-author the endline report as well as related scientific projects. The work focussed on health, education, energy, participatory development, sustainable business models, and social entrepreneurship.
- PhD Candidate, Economics (03/2020, expected): European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics (ECARES): My research focusses on educational attainment, local labor market dynamics, and returns to education after disasters, e.g. earthquakes, epidemics, and wars. I received a competitive 4 year scholarship by the Belgian Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS) at Human Sciences Research Fund (FRESH).
- Co-Founder & President (since 2012): Young European Leadership (YEL): Young European Leadership is an award-winning international nonprofit and a nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering young leaders and future decision makers. I oversee the organizational growth, partnerships, and develop programs such as the annual Young European Council which won the 3rd European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2016 and took place under several high level patronages such as the Council of the EU. Among other activities YEL is also in charge of recruiting and training the European Union delegations to the official young G20/G7 outreach programs.
- 2020: Graduate Econometrics II, European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics, Brussels, Belgium: Lecturing parts of class, level: research master and PhD students
- 2019: Graduate Econometrics II, European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics, Brussels, Belgium: Teaching Assistant, level: research master and PhD students
- 2015/2016, 2018/2019: Seminar on Econometrics, European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics, Brussels, Belgium: Teaching Assistant, level: master students
- 2009/2010: Quantitative Statistics, University of Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany: Teaching Assistant, level: bachelor students