My research focusses on the areas of labor economics, education, and natural disasters, especially in developing countries. My job market paper is titled Natural Disasters and Returns to Education [revise and resubmit at the Journal of Development Economics; link to latest version]. My PhD thesis is available here.
- 2017 Melissa A. Adelman, Tillmann Heidelk, and Peter A. Holland, Increasing Access by Waiving Tuition: Evidence from Haiti, Comparative Education Review, 61(4). [Link to publication]
Evaluations, Reports, Background Papers
- 2018 Anousheh Alamir, Tillmann Heidelk, Julia Jadin, Juan Carlos Muñoz-Mora, Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke, and Philip Verwimp, Lumière Project - Final Report, UNICEF-Burundi / Université Libre de Bruxelles. [Link to publication]
- 2013 Tillmann Heidelk, Valeria Perotti, and Siegfried Zottel, Paving the road to better financial decision-making in Tajikistan, World Bank Working Paper 79246. [Link to publication]
- 2013 Tillmann Heidelk, Valeria Perotti, and Siegfried Zottel, Paving the road to better financial decision-making in Mongolia, World Bank Working Paper 82057. [Link to publication]
- 2012 Tillmann Heidelk, Henrike Maier, and Michiel van Hulten, Social Justice in Europe: The Unconditional Basic Income (UBI) as a Model for the Future, Europe & Me, FutureLab Europe, online.
Work in progress
- Tillmann Heidelk, Natural Disasters and Returns to Education, revise and resubmit at the Journal of Development Economics and ECARES Working Paper Series 2019-17. [Link to latest version of the paper]
- Melissa A. Adelman, Juan Baron, Tillmann Heidelk, and Kiran Jayaram, Drivers of Late Entry Into Primary School in Haiti: A Mixed-Methods Study, revise and resubmit at International Journal of Educational Development.
- Tillmann Heidelk and Julia Jadin, The long term effects of civil war on labor market outcomes.
- Tillmann Heidelk and Anousheh Alamir, Natural disasters and educational attainment, ECARES Working Paper Series 2020-05. [Link to latest version of the paper].
Dissertation / PhD thesis
- Available at tillmannheidelk.com/dissertation
- Awarded by ECARES (European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics)
- Defense on April 24